Isabella Stripey Quilt


Here's the stripey quilt I made from the leftovers I had from Audri's quilt. It seems like I always have tons of leftover fabric when I get done with a quilt --I often buy 1/2 yard or yard cuts of every print since I am not sure exactly what I am going to do with it when I buy it. In the past I had it in my head that if I made a quilt out of one bunch of fabrics, I couldn't use it again for another quilt--of course I would use a few of the individual fabrics in other quilts--but I couldn't use all the same fabrics together again. Where I got that crazy notion I am not sure, but as a result I have stacks and stacks of fabric that I just never use again. A couple months ago I decided that, going forward, I was going to try to use up as much of this leftover fabric as I could so I didn't have so many dust collectors cluttering up my stash!(I started this with these 2 Freebird quilts--here and here). Anyway, this little striped cutie used up almost all the Isabella I had left! Yes! My plan is working so far! (And now I can buy more fabric, since I have eliminated another stack!)

I am so in love with this fabric! (Most is Isabella by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake. The aqua dot is Michael Miller and the green tone on tone is from Hobby Lobby). The prints are so cute and periwinkle is probably my favorite color EVER (just ask my cute sisters what color their bridesmaid dresses were at my wedding--yep, periwinkle!) Anyway, I think a stripey quilt is a great way to show off the fabrics. Plus it took me about one day to make it. So fast! I really just want to keep it...but I am going to give it to my cute doctor who raced across town to be at Audri's delivery last year...she is having a baby girl here in a few days.


I quilted this with the Wall Flower pantograph--( just love that one)! I used the striped print for the backing and the large floral print for the binding. So so cute!


Just think, this could be a pile of fabric collecting dust in my stash instead of this darling quilt!!