Audrina's Scrappy Baby Boxes Quilt


My sweet baby girl is one year old this week! How has it already been a year since she was born? In my usual fashion, it took me almost a year, but here is her baby quilt--done just in time for her first birthday!


I've had the fabric for this quilt picked out since before Audri was born. It is mostly Isabella by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake (with a few others thrown in). As soon as I saw this fabric I knew it was what I wanted...but I had to wait several months for it to actually come out so I could buy it. Meanwhile I was trying to figure out a cute pattern to use...I finally decided just to use the same pattern I used on the quilt I made for my niece (this striped baby boxes quilt). I liked it so much I decided to make it again, but I wanted it to be a little different, so scrappy boxes is what I ended up with.


Random quilts like this seem to take me a really long time...I got real friendly with my design wall...it took me forever to arrange the blocks how I wanted them. I am pretty happy with it, but in the future I will use more different prints for scrappy quilts to make it easier! For the quilting, I did a variation on the Wall Flower pantograph I used for my niece's quilt. The backing is periwinkle dots and the binding is scrappy. I made another stripey quilt using all the leftover fabric I had, but I'll have to post on it later since somehow I lost all the pictures I took of it!


Happy Birthday baby girl!