Saturday, October 26, 2013

Advent Calendar Quilt Instructions


As if we don't all have ten projects already going on...here's another just in case anyone is bored! This is not a full pattern, but rather an instruction sheet of sorts for the Advent Calendar Quilt. It has basic instructions, templates for the bows and numbers and finished measurements for the presents and the tree. It will hopefully be sufficient for almost everyone to make their own quilty Advent calendar! Get it here.


Story time! So the night before we left New Hampshire we stayed in a hotel since our beds were on a truck on their way out west. I had a miserable night of sleep so I was a cranky girl when I took my 3-year-old out to the lobby to get some breakfast. Somehow I struck up a conversation with two cute ladies who were eating at the table next to us. They were vacationing in NH and wouldn't you know it...they were quilters. We chit-chatted about fabric stores and quilt shows and I told them about my blog. I went back to my room 20 minutes later in the best mood! Quilters are my favorite! A couple weeks later I got an email from one of the ladies. She mentioned she had seen the blog and said she would look forward to a pattern for the Advent quilt. I told her I'd make one eventually. I really was planning to, but without sufficient motivation and/or a deadline it usually takes me FOREVER to make a pattern. So a couple weeks ago she emailed me again to say "hi" and show me a cool quilt she had made. She reminded me about the Advent quilt pattern, so I told her I'd get her some measurements to get her started. And here we are! And for once, it didn't take me 2 months to get it done! Yay! So here you go cute Marsha! Thanks for keeping in touch!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much!!! I love this quilt so much and I was so excited to see you posted a pattern so... Much love to you!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your sweet story and that beautiful quilt pattern. I love your advent calendar. There's only 59 days left to go! Hope you don't mind if I share this, with a link back, on my facebook page at http://facebook.com/sewfreshquilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you for generously sharing your beautiful quilt pattern. Your finished quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete