Saturday, December 22, 2012

In Print!


I got some very exciting mail the other day! This sweet Australian Quilter's Companion Modern Quilts edition featuring a quilt by yours truly! :) I had no idea it was even coming, so when my husband put it down in front of me, I was a surprised girl! He had already read the whole thing and was telling me all about it...what pages to look on, etc...that's what I get for letting him get the mail! 


When I was contacted several months back about submitting a quilt, it was a month or two before we were about to move...I was thinking I couldn't do it since I wouldn't have time to make a whole new quilt...but they were nice enough to let me submit one that I had made previously and still had in my possession...the Wipey Box quilt! It's one of my favorites, so I was happy to finally get a pattern out there!


I even got a nice profile in the magazine, complete with picture! They also included some photos of other quilts I have made! So cool! It was also fun to see my cute bloggy friend Jenny Pedigo (of Quick Curve Ruler fame) in there as well! I think I have looked at the magazine about 25 times since I got it! 


Yay for quilting magazines!

21 comments:

  1. Congrats! You should be published - I love your quilts and see them often on pinterest. That looks like a great magazine so I will have to go see if I can locate a copy for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats....it's a wonderful experience. How fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! You are famous. I have to go find that magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! Congratulations! I am just thrilled for you; I love the wipey box quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I can say I know a celebrity :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful! I might see it in our magazine racks! I love that your husband is interested too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go girl! I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That is so exciting and you are so talented and deserving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I knew you before you were famous!!! That was cute your DH reading it before you!! You'll have to frame it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! It must be amazing to see your name and work in print. Not a bad Christmas prezzie...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful news, and well deserved Cynthia, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job Cynth! Your quilts are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You deserve some attention for all of your beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Cynthia and thank you for your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Cynthia !! I have my copy, it's a great article and I love your work...see you 'round. Leanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are awesome! Way to go Cynthia. And to think I know you...wow, I feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wooohooo!!! Congratulations!! :) so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved reading about you and your quilting journey...and of course all your wonderful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have no idea how I missed this?!?!?! Awesome!!!!!! I am going to have to find a copy of this edition;). Congratulations!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in Canada and have had no luck finding a copy of this magazine. I would love to make this quilt if I could track down the pattern.

    ReplyDelete