Kaeli's Bliss Lattice Quilt


Here's a quilt I made a little while ago when my cute little sister Kaeli came and stayed with me for a week. A couple months back she called me and said she wanted to come out for a visit. I had just gotten a jury summons, so I told Kaeli that I would pay for her flight if she watched my kiddos while I did my civic duty...(perfect, right? everybody wins)! So she came out, and in our county, you have to call the courthouse every day to see if you have to report the following day--well I totally lucked out because I didn't have to go in once--so we just played the whole time she was here! With all our extra free time we went shopping and got crafty painting these plates for the plate rack in my dining room. We also thought it would be fun to decorate my family room...so we came up with this brilliant idea for the decor--but we couldn't find the fabric we had in mind. So we scrapped that plan and decided to make her a quilt instead.


I had a jelly roll of Bliss by Bonnie and Camille for Moda that I may or may not have really been in love with--I was a little concerned how all these colors would look together. Kaeli was a fan though, so we looked online for some inspiration. She really liked this completely darling pillow by The Rebel Homemaker. So we whipped up a few options in EQ and this is what we ended up with. Since we had a jelly roll, and the pattern required squares, we decided to just cut the strips in half and sew them back together to make them wide enough. This is more apparent in some of the prints than others, but overall I don't think it is super obvious. Gotta use what you have!


We mostly worked on it at night when the kids were asleep...I sewed and Kaeli ironed and pinned and we busted this quilt out in about 4 days. And I must admit, that when it was done it was totally cute. (Kaeli, I'll say it one more time, cause I know you like to hear it...I was wrong to doubt you!)


Kaeli is a fan of red, so we put these awesome red dots on the back.


I quilted this one with a pantograph called "Bush Berries"-- it is darling and fast--which was good since I only had a few hours to quilt it! We bound it in a matching red print...I would have tried to con Kaeli into scrappy binding if time would have allowed, since there were a bunch of leftover scraps, but this works too.


Miss you cute Kaeli!