Clothesline Wall Hanging!



Well here is the last project I will finish before baby makes her big arrival! We recently remodeled our utility room and added cabinets...and when it was all done there was a nice big space on the wall that was just begging to have a little quilted wall hanging.


(So here it is in its place of honor in the laundry room...)

I found a really cute "woman's work" quilt pattern at Market back in 2007 and started making it -- right before I got pregnant with my first kiddo--I was all gung-ho and quickly finished one of the blocks which was a clothesline...but then I couldn't even look at fabric for a while there in the first trimester...so the whole quilt hit the back burner where it remains to this day. Eventually I will finish that quilt and it will grace the wall of my laundry room - but I knew that wouldn't be happening for a while, so I decided to make a different little clothesline...and I must say I think it turned out even better than the first one.


(here's the 1st one --block from the woman's work quilt)

I thought I would make this 2nd one a little more 3-D than most of the quilts I make--just for fun...so I made all the little clothes, then I made the background and just quilted that alone--then stuck the clothesline on and attached the clothes with the little pins...they can be completely removed from the line...so if I ever get bored with what's on there I can change the clothes out...with the ones in the wash tub...which are also not sewn down.








The mini quilt was probably my favorite part...just don't look too close...that baby is only 5.5 x 4.25 inches...and it was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be to match all the seams up and to quilt it.



ahhh...quilting makes me so happy!